[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> > Oops, and it looks like the u32 stepgen timing parameters are commented
> out, and the old float ones are being used. I'm not sure how those
> floats get read in, but they might all read as (u32)0, which could also
> cause your steppers to not work. <<
>
> Sorry about that, I went back to the old drivers because at least the stepper
> motors worked. As you can see, I have two sets of parameters, one for the old
> driver and one for the new driver. I just enable the set approrpiate for the
> current driver.

Hm, I didnt think I'd broken stepgen again...  It works fine on my
development system.  We'll have to debug this one too.

Are you using an unmodified, up-to-date CVS checkout?  Are you on TRUNK
or 2.2?

>> > I see you have the Axis 2 motor command hooked up to the LaserPower net
> and from there to pwmgen.00.value. Since you're not setting
> pwmgen.00.scale it'll default to 1.0. You should be seeing full PWM
> (100% duty cycle) when Axis 2 amp enable is on and Axis 2 motor position
> is +/- 1. Is that not happening? <<
>
> For testing purposes, I comment all that out and just use LaserPower linked
> the pwmgen.00.power. Then set it manually through halcmd. Since I do not have
> scope, I use the laser power to indicate whether the PWM is changing.
> Basically
> it comes on at a fairly low power, and does not seem to change.
>
> When I measured the PWM with a meter, I got about the full 3.3 V, but thought
> that was just the meter. It is new, and I have not tried it on PWMs before.
> On
> many meters you can get a good estimate of the duty cycle through the voltage
> readings, but this one seems to show only 0 and 3.3V. However if it really
> were
> 3.3, then the output of the laser should be significantly higher.

Wait, so is the problem with the pwmgen or with whatever it is that
takes the PWM signal as input?

If you set pwmgen.value to 0.5, do you read 1.65 V with your voltmeter?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
       Theo: "Julian? I haven't seen you in twenty years. You look good.