Sebastian,

I am using an unmodified, up-to-date CVS checkout from source, then built from source and copied the binaries I thought had changed.

While it got lost in the exchange of emails, I was really most concerned about the stepper motors not working, and figured the problem with the pwm might be related. If I set the power level to 50%, or almost any other non-zero value, my meter reads about 3.3 volts. I know that can't be right because at 3.3 volts or 98% duty cycle, the laser should be full on and it is at more like 10%.

If I use the original m5i20 driver, the laser (pwm) responds correctly, so the wiring sure seems to be correct.

BTW, what is the frequency of the PWM? The laser accepts 5-25Khz.

Here are the things posted to pastebin requested in the prior email:

Show all:
http://pastebin.com/m6ab8b073

Dmesg:
http://pastebin.com/m1478cde5

Regards,
Eric

Hm, I didnt think I'd broken stepgen again... It works fine on my
development system. We'll have to debug this one too.

Are you using an unmodified, up-to-date CVS checkout? Are you on TRUNK
or 2.2?

Wait, so is the problem with the pwmgen or with whatever it is that
takes the PWM signal as input?

If you set pwmgen.value to 0.5, do you read 1.65 V with your voltmeter?