Sebastian,

The Parport is at the normal address of 0x378. I did not do a loadrt
probe_parport. I have now added it, but still get the same error.

Regards,
Eric

They are disabled, but you can force it.  Try this:

1.  Stop realtime

2.  sudo insmod /lib/modules/$(uname
-r)/kernel/drivers/parport/parport_pc.ko

Step 2 should be all one line, with a single space between "uname" and "-r"

Then look in the dmesg, at the end, it should tell you where the parport is.

Hm, which reminds me...  You *are* saying "loadrt probe_parport" before
"loadrt hm2_7i43", right?  Oops, I forgot to put that in the hm2_7i43(9)
manpage, i'll add that now.