On 26 April 2010 00:58, RogerN <re...@wildblue.net> wrote:

> I see brushless servo amps on ebay for reasonable but I think most require
> hall signals.

I have put my Hall-sensor emulation code on the Wiki (as a link on the
same page). It is happily running my servo upstairs at this moment.
There is something odd that unless the speed is set just right it
keeps stopping. If I check the Hall signals with it stopped there is a
perfectly good Hall code, but there is +30V on all of the motor
terminals. I think this is either a peculiar drive fault, or possibly
the rather oversized motor for the drive (30V drive, 300V motor)
might be latching-up one of the drivers with back-emf (Is this
possible? It is purest speculation)

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?ResolverToQuadratureConverter

--
atp