On 12 January 2012 15:02, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I determine, what size capacitors should be used?
> Right on the rectifier and also for those boot-strap capacitors?

On the basis of maximum current draw and allowable ripple. And
capacitor ESR too.

> What is that on the upper right corner?
> https://picasaweb.google.com/108164504656404380542/Gibbs#5471910659108799346

A connector for logic power, I think. It was over a year ago.

> Ok, thanks, now it makes sense!
> Do I need those shunt resistors for normal operation of the chip or
> are they meant just for feedback to controller?

They are meant for feedback.

>> Vss is the logic ground.
>
> Ok, great!
> Is it supposed to receive any additional 5V, 12V or something similar
> for logic power?

Yes, Vdd.

>> (Freewheel diodes)

> Ok, found them.
> So does it mean that it already is protected?

It should be. But I still managed to break at least one.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.