2012/1/12 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>:
> On 12 January 2012 15:43, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> On reflection, it might be wise to use a DC/DC convertor for Vdd,
>
>> And how much would such a convertor cost? I would need to convert
>> 330VDC to 12VDC.
>
> I was meaning a 12 to 12 (or 12 to 15) one, like
> http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/dc-dc-converters/6727408/
>
> That gives the IRAMS board an isolated 15V supply,

Thanks for the link!

> But You probably want
> to consider Pete's advice.

Oh yes, I really would like to do that.
Unfortunately I do not have much of a choice to get those motors
running. So it is just one more case, where I will have to learn
things the hard way.

So I understand that it is required to:
1) insert optoisolators in PWM signal lines to insulate controller
from the chip, I checked that optocouplers have Vrms = 2500 V;
2) I can use any external PSU as long as I insulate it from the chip
with a DC-DC converter, DC converter's output is connected to Vdd and
Vss, keeping it insulated from rectified motor power supply, DC
converter in Andy's link has isolation voltage 3000 VDC;
3) connect rectifier (220VAC to 330VDC) output to:
+330 VDC to V+
GND to LeU, LeV, LeW

I pasted the schematics here:
http://picpaste.com/chip-cgYQizaV.JPG

Is 1:1 transformer needed for rectifier AC input to insulate from the AC supply?

Viesturs