On Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:10:16 PM Thomas Powderly did opine:

> haha
> is Sears really one of the cheapest sources for D525MW?
> tomp

Don't know.  I got mine, in an overgrown shoebox case, with a 2gb single
laptop style dram, power supply, 250Gb sata hard drive and a dvd writer,
keyboard & mouse plus a skype headset I haven't tested, from a place in
Texas, shipping and all, $246 on my front porch.  I declined the assembly
charge as I figured I was capable, but when I opened the nice, obviously
custom fitted box, it was already assembled, all I had to do was power it
up, plug in a network cable, install from the 10.04 install cd I can
download from linuxcnc.org, reboot, fire up synaptic & let it upgrade from
the repo's which on my 3mb bandwidth was about a half hour or so.  I have
since changed the network profile from a dchp obtained address to one hard
coded on my local network, a 5 minute job.

<http://www.directron.com/extremevalue.html> will get you there.  Its a
good deal I think, for a complete, ready to rock & roll system.

Cheers, Gene
oh okay. my mistake.

Yafcot:atj(*),

mark

* Yet another fool coming over this: according to joey
        -- m...@mail.novare.net