Erik Friesen wrote:
> I have been puzzling over how to deal with double sided routing of 1" pvc.
> Currently I am working on a 12" x 12" square area, with 10 work pieces
> arrayed out.  Each part has a couple 1/8" zero holes that I use to line up
> when I flip the pvc.  The problem lies in the fact that nothing really
> comes out when I flip the pvc.  I am using G10l2P*R* to rotate the board
> depending on a two point zero.  However, the points never are square with
> each other, to the tune of .100 off at 10" from zero.  I have checked my
> machine squareness and I believe it is less than .010 on a 12" piece.  All
> I can figure out is that the 1/8 endmill is wandering enough to cause
> this.  Does anyone with experience doing this have some points to offer?

Hmmm, very strange.  I don't use 1/8" HSS endmills, only carbide.  I
know the HSS cutters
can deflect, but no WAY can it deflect even .050" (half your error).
Could the workpiece
be slipping on the table?  Could the head of the machine be swinging on
the round
ram (if it is built like that?)  Why not cut one side and then go back
and re-check the
initial coordinate setup at the corner?  That will detect part slippage.

And, of course, if this is a stepper machine, check for loss of steps
after a long
program.

Jon