I was working with disabling the smi on my machine, and got it working.
However, one thing I notice, is that when I run the latency test, that the
smi disabler doesn't seem to load.  It only loads when I actually run emc.
Is this by design, or am I missing something here?  I'd like to improve my
machine, and I think the smi is still happening with the latency test, as
it stays around 5000, but about every 30 seconds, it jumps to 25000.