On 15 February 2012 21:27, Erik Friesen <e...@aercon.net> wrote:
> I was working with disabling the smi on my machine, and got it working.
> However, one thing I notice, is that when I run the latency test, that the
> smi disabler doesn't seem to load.  It only loads when I actually run emc.
> Is this by design, or am I missing something here?

It is all a bit vague now, and I was a Linux noob at the time (and
being told about SMI by cradek IIRC was my first ever time on IRC) but
I seem to recall that I knew the SMI patch was working because the
latency test sorted itself out.
However, that was the command-line version, not the GUI version.

A possible confusion is that smi.ko is loaded under the control of
rtapi.conf, and you may have more than one version of that file if you
have a RIP version as well as an installed one. I ended up putting an
echo message in each file which reported which one it was to untangle
my confusion. For extra fun rtapi.conf is auto-generated from rtapi.in
during a compile.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.