On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 05:38:32 AM andy pugh did opine:

> On 22 May 2012 02:04, Terry Christophersen <tcninj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>I never use the H-number, it is only useful for applying the offset of
> >>
> > It may be not useful in LinuxCNC but I guarentee you 90% + of the mill
> > programs in the world use it
>
> Well, yes, but we are using LinuxCNC.

Yep.  I was watching a big machine, a 5 axis, doing a 427 ford block from a
nearly 400 lb block of alu forging, and was amazed to see it doing the
sailors hornpipe jig as it bored the liner holes.  We all know that
LinuxCNC can do that in one spiral motion, probably 2x faster than that
HAAS control was doing it.  Blew me away.

Cheers, Gene
"I'd love to go out with you, but the man on television told me to stay
tuned."