Well apparently you have your mind made up on this....all I can say is do
some open minded research and the answers are all out there.  Charging
times have dropped dramatically and there are remote charging stations.
Maybe not in your area but lots of different places.  Many many companies
and manufacturers are offering new and viable cars and as Andy said many
companies are turning to electronic power for their fleet delivery vehicles
etc. Etc.   The reality is it is just getting started.

Pete