On Monday 28 August 2017 07:02:27 Johann Beukes wrote:

> Hi Gene
> Thanks so much. Would it be possible to get yojr mail adress so I can
> send you some more info on the drives and so forth please?
> beukes1...@gmail.com Thanks
>
> On 28 Aug 2017 12:48, "Gene Heskett" <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

You have it above. However, sending it to me as a PM does the list a
severe disservice.

Send it to the list so that all can learn, including what you eventually
did to fix it.  Mutual education for all.

Are you new to linux?  Its sometimes hard for a Windows user, used to all
the secrecy involved, to appreciate the openness of the linux world.
Come on in, I think you will find the folks here very helpful. There are
on this list, the authors of this software, some of which have their own
products to sell and support. Many are also machine shop
owner/operators.

As for me, the resident old fart, I'll be 83 in October, retired tv chief
engineer, C.E.T. & what used to be a 1st Phone.  I am not an all
encompassing guru, and the only "diploma's" I have are grammer school,
G.E.D. and the University of Hard Knocks. But I have accumulated a
decent list of BTDT's.

So send away, but send it to the list please.