On Tuesday 29 August 2017 06:26:45 Johann Beukes wrote:

> Thanks Gene
> Is this something that I can correct in the settings? Its my first
> machine build so my learning curve is very very steep.
> Thanks in advance.

If you arrived at that -322 by adjusting it until a dial indicator said
it was right, it wouldn't take a very big angular difference between the
angle the dial was held at, and the actual travel direction to account
for the 320 to 322 error. I'd set the driver for a divide by 8, and the
step scale to 640. But at the same time, I do not think of that as the
source of the randomization.

You are I assume feeding 5 volt logic to all + terminals on the driver,
and the output pin of the breakout board to the individual - terminal.
This use of the logic zero as the active part of the signal gives a much
higher drive capability from the logic to the driver.

I am not mentally comfortable with dirsetup and dirholds shorter than
step pulses. If that driver demands 5 u-sec step signals, (thats a bit
slow) I would extend the dirsetup and dirholds to 6 or 7 u-secs just to
make sure it can't change direction in the middle of a step.

Ideas to check IOW.