> Have you actually tried to feed a software PWM into the analogue input?
> They are usually filtered well enough to do that by filtering to the
> average of a fast PWM. I have a huan yang clone on my 6040 I did that
> with for a couple months before I found we had an rs485 driver that
> worked even better. You may need to buffer that 5volt p-p signal in a
> transistor to bring the swing up to the 10 volts the vfd needs, but the
> vfd also can supply 12 volts to do that with. You'll need two transistors
> to keep from inverting the speed range, look up a long tailed invertor on
> google. Better yet, a ttl input cmos output AND gate, will give you a
> full rail to rail signal. Check the docs from the vfd, you may need to do
> the same with the dir signal. Generally both the run and dir signals are
> energized by pulling that input down to ground from its open circuit of
> 10 volts. Or use a Mesa SpinX1. I'm using that on my sheldon to do the
> reversal when rigid tapping in 1/4 turn at 100 spindle rpms. Response
> speed if the vfd is tuned correctly, is not a problem. Generally, they
> are not tuned "Out Of The Box".

Hi Gene, I hope you're doing great

Well, I can try that but I recall we did a simple low pass filter years ago
for a colleague's machine and it worked really well. I think I'll try that
one and see how it goes.
I didn't order the SpinX1 when I purchased the boards because I was sure I
was going to use pulse input. I'll flash the 7i95 tomorrow and see how it
goes.

I wish you the best Gene and thanks as always for sharing your knowledge :)