Peter

I changed to the firmware that you recommended and I found that the stepgen allocations are not as reported. The reported allocations is as it is requested in PnCConf but the actual allocations are not correct and seems to be random. I reported in the forum.

On 2022/04/12 16:35, Peter C. Wallace wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2022, Marius wrote:

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:22:37 +0200
From: Marius <mar...@mastercut.co.za>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Looking for 7i92 bit file

I attached a picture. Don't remember if that can be done.

This is the config I need but I will be damned if I can get PnCConf to do this. Maybe I dont understand the GUI where the pin allocations happen that well. If only they would show the I/O number correctly somewhere. There are some numbers on the left side but they make no sense.

The pinout is determined by the firmware so many
parallel port type 7I92 bitfiles will do

For example 7i92_5ABOBx2D.bit firmware will work here

You associate stepgen numbers to Axis in pncconf
The firmware maps those numbered stepgens to
physical pins

XSTEP - 2 : XDIR -3

X2STEP - 4 : X2DIR - 5

YSTEP - 6 : YDIR - 7