On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 22:22:46 -0400 Conrad Knight <iestynap...@gmail.com> said:

close all your apps and see. i bet you one is holding a lock on screen blanking
- most likely your web browser. they now start doing this whenever a browser is
playing media (video - but it may not apparently be video. there are web page
add s now that are videos ... so it could be any web page). this lock is
between the browser and xserver. e has nothing to do with it. xset q will show
the screensaver/dpms config and you'll probably find its what e set it to...
it's the xserver that is responsible for handling that timeout and delivering
events to e to say the screensaver started (and the e fades things out -
letting the dpms settings a few seconds later handle the full power off).

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com