On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 4:30 AM Davide Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it>
wrote:

> Under sway wm (wayland) I use NetworkManager and to make it ask the
> password I have to run:
> /usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
> on startup.

Hi Davide. Thanks for the response :)

Ah yes! I do remember having to run this manually, long ago. Unfortunately
it won't run for me now though:

[dankasak@hyperion ~]$ /usr/libexec/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
Cannot register authentication agent:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication
agent already exists for the given subject
[dankasak@hyperion ~]$

I've checked in: Settings Panel ==> Apps ==> Desktop Environments ==> Major
Desktops ... and I *don't* have either Gnome or KDE services launching.
What might be occupying the "given subject"?

Dan