On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 08:45:14 -0700 Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us> said:

> Hi all,
>
> Whenever firefox stops and starts playing audio (e.g. when a song
> changes), my currently focused window loses focus.  As far as I can
> tell, nothing gets the focus.  Any idea what's going on?
>
> I've noticed it before, but since switching to navidrome for music, it
> hits me on every song change.  I can't tell if other programs trigger
> it (perhaps firefox closes and repoens PA when playback between songs?)
>
> Running EFL 1.26.2, E 0.25.2.

WTH? ... i have never seen this. - well i dont use navidrome - and don't use
firefox, but perhaps firefox is literally asking to have its window activated
every track change? there are requests in the netwm extensions to ask to be
activated. also any x client can actually just set focus. basically is it
related to firefox? or any audio at all - if it's audio... it must have
something to do with some app/client i imagine and not the actual audio?

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com