On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 04:56:33PM +0100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2022 08:48:40 -0700 Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us> said:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 09:11:46AM +0100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

> > > i don't see how this has to do with audio itself. i suspect it's some
> > > extra
> > > action some client(s) (in x terms - some app with a window - that includes
> > > browsers) is doing at the same time a track changes. like i said -
> > > requesting activation or something. perhaps it's specific to firefox? i
> > > have not seen anything like this with chromium... narrowing down that it
> > > has to do with a specific app is a first port of call. then figuring out
> > > what that app might be doing is the next thing.
> >
> > Yea, that makes sense.  Can I view activation requests / netwm hints
> > without having the window focused?
>
> no - you'd have to add printfs to e's code to see them. if it was the mixer
> popup with a slider - then perhaps some focus issue with slider widgets but
> you
> didn't mention those popping up...

I can't see them, since firefox is on a different desktop - I'm trying
to reproduce with the decorations visible and see if the volume slider
pops up.

I confirmed it's firefox-specific - chromium doesn't have this issue.
But it has a different, kinda hilarious problem: every time I flip
virtual desktops past it, the chromium window shrinks itself...

Ross