The mouse in/out events don't give any interesting information here.

The key factor is the order of showing menu and emitting 'focused' signal.

If I move _ibar_icon_signal_emit(ic, "e,state,focused", "e") into _ibar_icon_mouse_in_timer function /AFTER/ _ibar_icon_menu_show - everything works as expected, the menu is shown and the 'focused' effect is present (so, this is my current working configuration).

If I move _ibar_icon_signal_emit(ic, "e,state,focused", "e") into _ibar_icon_mouse_in_timer function /BEFORE/ _ibar_icon_menu_show - the menu is NOT shown but the 'focused' effect is present.

So, the place where _ibar_icon_menu_show and _ibar_icon_signal_emit are fired is not important - both _ibar_cb_icon_mouse_in and _ibar_icon_mouse_in_timer work at the same manner: if _ibar_icon_signal_emit is fired before _ibar_icon_menu_show - the menu is not shown. And (evident!) if _ibar_icon_signal_emit is not fired at all - the menu is shown.

I re-tested with the default theme - it does not change anything. The problem is NOT in elementary theme.

I need more information to go deeper, I don't understand where and how the 'focused' signal is processed.

Peter