Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] Having issues getting mixxx to work
  Date & Time: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 05:43:50 +0000

[CH] == Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:

CH>  On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 21:34:18 +0000 (UTC) Anna Cassar
CH>  <anna_cassa...@yahoo.co.uk> said:

CH>  e sets xsettings to tell apps that read these to uses some
CH>  specific fonts, theme, dpi etc. - i've seen qt mess up badly when
CH>  theme is set AND the qt style plugins are not there. it doesn't
CH>  fall back gracefully. not qt5 style. qt5 style plugins. the
CH>  plugins is the important bit - the thing that provides some
CH>  plugin for qt to properly do this.

CH>   5:32AM ~ > pacman -Q | grep styleplugins
CH>  qt5-styleplugins 5.0.0.20170311-35

CH>  all i see is mixx segfault. probably because it can't connect to
CH>  jack. not very graceful. it does it even in a wm-less xephyr.

CH>  e also sets 2 env vars:

CH>  QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2
CH>  QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=gtk2

CH>  this tells qt to use the gtk2 style to do theme stuff. you could
CH>  unset these in a terminal and run mixxx from there and see.

CH>  it might mess up if it doesn't like the dpi set - but then that'd
CH>  be it's problem for not rendering at that dpi to scale correctly
CH>  - regardless of the value. either ignore the dpi or use it as
CH>  given. don't use it then fall over if the value isn't one you like.

I think everything written here is out of line.

I mean, I have no problems with mixxx look and feel on any WM on my
PC, not just enlightenment, but twm, Plasma5, Gnome, e16, and icewm.

I can only assume that there must be a problem with the build of
enlightenment.... (_ _?

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                         mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛       "The question of who holds the platform and whether the person
               or organisation holding it is trustworthy has serious and
profound
               implications in these volatile times. Once trust is broken, it is
               extremely difficult to restore. It is necessary to diversify in
               advance."

                                                        -- Financial Times --