Ha.  Please do not laugh - Mint. :D

I used Linux back in the early 90s before there really were "distros" and
have used all kinds of distros since then - Slackware, etc, etc.  I picked
Mint on my work desktop because I wanted something to "install and just
work" - since I'm an active developer and wanted to dump WIndows but NOT
have to do a lot of complex tuning.

That's been stable as heck since December, but I was getting bored with
Cinnamon's lack of customization, so I looked into i3, Hyprland, all the
current "hotnesses" and then thought, "huh I wonder if E still exists!?!?"
It does.

I'm in the process of switching to E; just a few things I need to resolve
before I can stop defaulting back to Cinnamon.