>>shutter
>>>
>>This is very similar to the -3 and the 1V, I've found it very straight to
>>adapt to, even though the user interface from my previous A2 is entirely
>>different.
>>
>>Although I have to admit it was a little awkward initially, but quickly
>>adapted.

PPM> So the 3 also has the two button scheme?

PPM> I wonder why this is necessary?  Do other people use this function
PPM> (weighted/spot metering) so infrequently that they don't mind?  Why
PPM> not have a dedicated button, as my 10s has? (hell, they've added
PPM> enough other buttons and dials to the new cameras!)

Hello Paul,

As an owner of an EOS-3 I live with this scheme and I have no problem with
it. I decide on the metering before I look through the viewfinder and it is
easy to change the modes using the left thumb for pressing the button and
the right index finger for the wheel. I change between the modes very
frequently but have to admit that I don't know the concept of the -10 and
haven't had the possibility to handle the 7. My experience is limited to
the -3 and the -600.

--
Best regards,
 Dieter            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]