Yes, I think JS needs something like this.  This is new to no one here, but
my main concern with using hasOwnProperty is the loss of performance, so I
think it would be worth exploring more than just syntactic sugar.  But I
don't know how realistic it is to hope for that.

http://jsperf.com/hasownproperty-vs-for-in/4#c300