On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 08:24:37PM +0900, Michael Turner wrote:

> So I'm still holding out for a possible CO2 sea/ocean/lake as an explanation
> for features that we, on our water planet, associate only with bodies of
> water.  That doesn't mean that there haven't *also* been bodies of water on
> Mars, just that it doesn't look like the case is closed yet.  Unless I've
> missed something.

I'm unfamiliar with early Mars models which propose a surface pressure larger
than 5.11 atm at temperatures above -56.4 deg C

Plus, the "also" part doesn't mix very well with respective phase diagrams:
http://onsager.bd.psu.edu/~jircitano/phase.html

Maybe elsewhere, but not on Mars. No sustained presence of liquid CO2 on
planetary surface, sorry.

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a>