  1) TdS Report #16: Photos - Woodstock and Moritz
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  2) Re: Battery Monitors?
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: my own outlet
        by Nick Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Comparison
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) TdS Report #17: Monte Carlo Rally Entries:  The Turbo Insights
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  6) TdS Report #18: Photos - Turbo Insights
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  7) Re: [Hybrid] Honda to put Insight powertrain in new Fit/Jazz
        by "Vivek Gani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) what to do when it rains on your parade
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Allan Lichtman for senate Maryland (looking for EV community attention)
        by "Marc Breitman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) When it rains build rainbows
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: When it rains build rainbows
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Allan Lichtman for senate Maryland (looking for EV community attention)
        by "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: When it rains build rainbows
        by Mike Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Allan Lichtman for senate ...
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: I need advice/ Making a GEM go farther and faster.
        by "John Foster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Spare 1998 Chevrolet S-10???
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: When it rains build rainbows
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: what to do when it rains on your parade? (Take it to DC and show
 them the smoke?)
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) RE: I need advice/ Making a GEM go farther and faster.
        by Ricky Suiter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Drill Bits for Plastics, Plexiglas, & Acyrlics
        by sharkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) TdS Report #19: Exhibitor Profile:  Solaqua
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 22) TdS Report #20: Photos - Solaqua Sound GEM
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 23) Re: Drill Bits for Plastics, Plexiglas, & Acyrlics
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Internal resistance of ADC 6.7 inch motor
        by "Robert Chew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: my own outlet
        by "Rick Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
TdS Report #16: Photos - Woodstock and Moritz

Photographs from the Tour de Sol:
        http://www.AutoAuditorium.com/TdS_Reports_2006/photos_006.html

Woodstock and Moritz

One battery electric EV + one biodiesel TDI Jetta = one Hybrid Driveway
<BR>
or so says the new math.

Woodstock, the battery electric EV of the equation.

Motitz, the biodiesel TDI Jetta.

One way to get accurate fuel usage measurements is to have a removable fuel
tank and to weigh it.
Moritz has such a tank.

It is hard to read the bumper sticker in this photo, but it says
"Powered By American Electrons".

Ken Wells makes the case for the EV half of the Hybrid Driveway ...

and the biodiesel half.

 -      -       -       -
 The complete set of Tour de Sol Reports for 2006 can be found at:
             http://www.AutoAuditorium.com/TdS_Reports_2006
 The complete set of past Tour de Sol Reports can be found at:
             http://www.FovealSystems.com/Tour_de_Sol_Reports.html
 -      -       -       -
 The above is Copyright 2006 by Michael H. Bianchi.
 Permission to copy is granted provided the entire article is presented
 without modification and this notice remains attached.
 For other arrangements, contact me at  +1-973-822-2085 .
 -      -       -       -
 For more on the NESEA Tour de Sol, see the web page at
                        http://www.TourdeSol.org
 -      -       -       -
 Official NESEA Tour de Sol information is available from the sponsor,
 the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) at
  413 774-6051 , and  50 Miles Street, Greenfield, MA 01301 , and
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] .  All media enquiries should be addressed to ...

                Stef Komorowski
                Classic Communications
                508-698-6810

At 02:43 PM 5/12/2006, damon henry wrote:
Do you still have those NiCad battery monitors available? I lost the link to them.

Yes, and still being tested. (by me and others) We recently found an error in the software that had to be fixed.
The monitor info is at: http://www.casadelgato.com/CasaDelGatoSystems/index.htm

--
John G. Lussmyer      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dragons soar and Tigers prowl while I dream....

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 04:59:32PM -0700, Roger Stockton wrote:
> Nick Austin wrote:
>
> > Igor would need to stick the
> > fork from hot to ground to trip it right?
>
> Nope.  Any breaker will trip if Igor shorts the hot and neutral with a
> fork;

Would it trip quickly enough to save Igor? 240V at 50A can make quite a jolt.

> the GFCI protected outlet will also be rendered dead if Igor
> creates a conductive path between hot or neutral and anywhere else that
> the ordinary breaker doesn't protect against.

Right, this is why you want GFCI.

Igor will be ok in these cases.

Dave,
  The overall comparison is often referred to as "well-to-wheels"
efficiency.  You can search the Internet or the EVDL archives and you'll
probably find some references to various studies that have been done.
Others here can probably point you directly to some as well.