  1) Re: Flying out to San Francisco this weekend
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Electric Auto Association mentioned in July's Popular Mechanics
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Conversion on eBay
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  4) Re: Flying out to San Francisco this weekend
  5) Re: Does any one have "Lic. Plate Envy
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: K&W BC20...156V charging?
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: curtis 1231
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) re: White Zombie Fails to hit 11's
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Alternative battery chemistries (was: Three questions (was:
  Announcement of new NEDRA ...))
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Electric/EV basic knowledge
        by Nikki Bloomfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Does any one have "Lic. Plate Envy
        by Nikki Bloomfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Who Killed The Electric Car?
        by Nikki Bloomfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Who Killed The Electric Car?
        by "Evan Tuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: Pic stuff (was) LED Matrix (was) the Mark Brueggemann Meter
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: curtis 1231
        by "Robert Chew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: San Jose EAA Meeting info
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Three questions (was: Announcement of new NEDRA Voltage  Divi
        sions)
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: curtis 1231
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re:Current Eliminator Dragster News
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 20) RE: Who Killed The Electric Car?
        by "Claudio Natoli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: Three questions (was: Announcement of new NEDRA Voltage
  Divi sions)
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: Pic stuff (was) LED Matrix (was) the Mark Brueggemann Meter
        by Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
> Many of us live south of SF because we are in the heart of Silicon
Valley.

Hey, I live in a town once nicknamed Voltageville due to the high
number of charging stations, and we're ~50 miles east of S.F.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- The Electric Auto Association is mentioned in the July issue of Popular Mechanics.

On page 26 of the article "150-mpg Lithium-Ion Hybrids"

The last sentence of the article says, "The nonprofit group CalCars.org is working with the Electric Auto Association to develop a do-it-yourself kit for under $5000."

That's pretty cool!

Chip Gribben
Electric Auto Association of Washington DC
http://www.evadc.org

Is the seller on the list?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4647644891

A little rich for me, but I certainly like the paint scheme on that expansion
box for battery space - a little galaxy sitting in the bed!

If you are staying till Monday night we could go to Goat Hill Pizza.  It's
all you can eat salad and pizza.  They bring you an assortment of pizzas by
the slice.  It has got to be the best pizza experience I've ever had.  John
Wayland if you are ever in SF you have an open invitation & you will go nuts
over this place.  Monday night however is the only night they offer the
multi pizza experience.  We might EVen look at my vehicles.  Lawrence
Rhodes.....

--
Steven S. Lough, Pres.
Seattle EV Association

Roderick,

That is absolutely fantastic!

Please keep us up to date with it. If they're looking for a showing in the UK I think I could quite easily arrange one in Bristol.

Feel free to pass on my details if they would like me to see what I can do :)

Nikki

On 8 Jun 2006, at 01:04, Roderick Wilde wrote:

Steve, Good news! I just spoke with the producers and it will be released in the UK. They said they will get back to me with a release date. More good news, Richard Titus, the producer of the film personally invited me to the premiere opening in Los Angeles on June 24th at The Los Angeles Film Festival. They want me to bring Gone Postal. They will have an event following the showing with displays. I am sure Reverend Gadget will be there. Our company has yet to make a decision. I will keep you all informed.

Roderick Wilde

----- Original Message ----- From: "steve ollerton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: curtis 1231
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:08:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> We have a Curtis 1231 (500 Amp in the Ford Escort)
> purchased in the year 1997
> As you push the pedal, a "whine" is made on purpose
> by the controller so
> that if in a parking lot, you can't run over someone
> who doesn't hear you
> coming (as explained to us by EVAmerica when we
> asked about it.)
>
> the electric motor (we used the Advanced DC 9" is
> fairly silent at low
> speeds, but you'll hear it at higher RPM's. nothing
> bad, just noticeable.)
>
> are any other DC motors more silent?

Converting a gen. 5 Honda Civic?  My $20 video/DVD
has my '92 sedan, as well as a del Sol and hatch too!
Learn more at:
www.budget.net/~bbath/CivicWithACord.html
                          ____
                     __/__|__\ __
  =D-------/    -  -         \
                     'O'-----'O'-'
Would you still drive your car if the tailpipe came out of the steering wheel? Are you saving any gas for your kids?

realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au
Unfortunately I will not be able to meet you, bummer!
Although I am landing Friday (back from a business trip)
the Saturdaymorning is just enough time to repack for
a trip to The Netherlands, so my whole family will go to
San Francisco on Sat afternoon.

BTW - not everyone is south of SF, for example
Michael Bearden (BMW, Goggomobil and Posche flambe) and
several others in the direction of Santa Rosa and Eastbay.

But it is true - San Jose and Palo Alto are EV breeding grounds.

See you another time!

Cor van de Water
Systems Architect
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water    IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:   +1 408 542 5225     VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
Fax:   +1 408 731 3675     eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
Proxim Wireless Networks   eFAX: +1-610-423-5743
Take your network further  http://www.proxim.com