  1) Re: 71 VW Micro Bus
        by "jerryd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Friday funny...
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Marathon M12V105FT batteries any good?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: EV APU (genset) emissions & FE
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Marathon M12V105FT batteries any good?
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Excellent GM Volt video
        by "Timothy Balcer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: The 1993  Eagle : Summit EV's on E-bay
        by "Miller, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: EV in Forbidden Planet?
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Bronco II EV prospects
        by "Miller, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Lithium batteries
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Lithium batteries (was: Re: Excellent GM Volt video)
        by "Timothy Balcer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Belktronix System Was: Beefing-up the DCDC on CivicWithACord!
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Lithium batteries
        by "Timothy Balcer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) EV in Forbidden Planet?
        by Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Lithium batteries with 600 - 700W per kg
        by "Timothy Balcer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Belktronix System Was: Beefing-up the DCDC on CivicWithACord!
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Lithium batteries with 600 - 700W per kg
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Lithium batteries with 600 - 700W per kg
        by Chet Fields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Belktronix System Was: Beefing-up the DCDC on CivicWithACord!
        by Mark Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Belktronix System Was: Beefing-up the DCDC on CivicWithACord!
        by Mark Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Lithium batteries- now economies of scale
        by john fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:18:43 -0700
From: john fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: Lithium batteries- now economies of scale

Well when someone can figure out why a toaster oven costs the same as a hard
drive, please explain it to all of us. The
cost of computer components seems to follow a different set of laws, and thank
goodness for it. Nevertheless our
knowledge of physics/chemistry is improving at the nano level, and our ability
to make new materials is too, so maybe,
just maybe there are some breakthroughs out there in new chemistries. Old rules
still hold valid for well-known
chemistries of course, and I'm pretty sure the sun will come up tomorrow. The
amount of money at stake has a wonderful
effect on R&D too. One factor folks don't always consider is the human side-
nano is hot now and the bright kids are
headed for it. Old tech R&D shops may not get even the middling students. If
you were offered jobs at Exide and A123
which would you take?

Jf