  1) Re: LED headlight bulbs?
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Suspension and weight distribution
        by Frank John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: 'largish' brushless motors available
  4) Re: Silly Tweety!
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  5) DC-DC convertor
        by Rodney A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Canned Response Letter from GM on the Volt
        by "FRED JEANETTE MERTENS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: LED headlight bulbs?
  8) Re: DC-DC convertor
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: DC-DC convertor
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: EV APU (genset) emissions & FE
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) the first time there is a place where electricity is costlier than
gas/petrol .. was Re: EVLN(EMC pushing for Philippine EVs, 10passenger, 65kph)
        by "peekay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: "A123 propably out of buisness in a few years"
        by robert mat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) CLUTCH BUTTON SWITCH ON S-10??  Re: new S-10e?
        by robert mat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Issues involved in a controller bypass?  (ForkenSwift)
        by "Darin - at - metrompg.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: "largish" brushless motors available
        by "joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: CLUTCH BUTTON SWITCH ON S-10??
        by "Dave Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Issues involved in a controller bypass?  (ForkenSwift)
        by Michael Barkley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: DC-DC convertor
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: "A123 propably out of buisness in a few years"
        by "Kip C. Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: EV APU (genset) emissions & F
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Lithium batteries- now economies of scale
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: DC-DC convertor
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: EV APU (genset) emissions & F
        by Frank John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: A123 connections
        by "Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: Isolating e-meter, 2 dc/dc needed?
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Suspension and weight distribution
        by "Dave Wilker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: CLUTCH BUTTON SWITCH ON S-10??  Re: new S-10e?
        by "Dave Wilker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: 71 VW Micro Bus
        by "Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: A123 connections
There was an announcement about a month ago that the
new Lexus will have LED headlights. But finding the
information on their spec is tough. Lexus had nothing
on their web page I could find. And I am unsure if
they are European models only or if they are legal to
use in US. Also the technology to be as bright might
not save you anything. I would recommend looking into
a DC/DC converter to keep the AUX battery charged like
an Alternator does now.

--- Michael Barkley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone ever heard of LED headlight bulbs being on
> the market yet?  Some of my EVing is going to have
> to be at night or early dawn. 30+ minutes of driving
> with the headlights on, would draw down quite a few
> amps of battery power on my aux battery.
>

> Michael Barkley
>
> "You might be a REDNECK, if it ain't ELECTRIC"
>
>   www.texomaev.com

> There are already induction motors that use the iron core itself as
> their rotor "windings" to save money. The rotor is just a solid slug of
> iron.

I thought the ones with solid iron rotors were "Reluctance motors" not
"Inductance motors"

Darn HTML!!
I turned it off then it's back on again.

Anyway, what I meant to say is, that is no ordinary golf cart!
That is a Wilde Suck Amp golf cart, not to be confused with a golf golf cart. By the way, Wilde Suck Amp golf carts can also be used to demonstrate that EV's are not ordinary golf carts!

Ken

From: robert mat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: CLUTCH BUTTON SWITCH ON S-10??  Re: new S-10e?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 06:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

I have a GM Sierra S-15. There is a button switch on
the clutch pedal, which you can see only if you look
up, into the dashboard area. What does (or did) this
button do?

MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.  Enter to win today. http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline

--- Begin Message --- Look at the 12v and 220v models depending on your pack voltage- they have much broader input ranges when using dc in rather than ac. They are inexpensive and found on e-bay and solar power supplier sites.

Mark

On Apr 21, 2007, at 5:11 AM, Rodney A wrote:

Hi All

Does anyone know of a cheap but powerful DC-DC
convertor? Most of the ones I
have been looking at have been quite expensive. I have
also thought of
running an alternator off a motor or wheel, but might
get tricky at night in
traffic (stationary, lights on)?

Any thoughts on cheap DC-DC convertors or otherwise?

Cheers

--- Begin Message --- Everybody should be deeply concerned about the details of the Cobasys/A123 relationship. This could have a huge impact on the price viability of future EV production - good or bad. I'm betting on bad.

Best case scenario would be that A123 does not sell out to Chevron and we start to see some real price competition between the Ovonics and lithium technologies. It may in fact work out that production economies of scale make the lithium batteries so inexpensive to produce that nickle technology becomes virtually irrelevant, leaving the door wide open for complete ubiquity of the A123 design. It still obviously would remain a monopoly, but the influence of an oil company might be drastically reduced if they can reap tremendous profits at the outset.

I urge everybody on this list to contact their local congressperson and senators to stress the importance of assuring that the Sherman Anti-trust Act does not receive yet another nail in the coffin through another monopoly. (But keep further political discussion off the list please!)

- Kip

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>