  1) Re: A123 connections
        by Tony Hwang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: CLUTCH BUTTON SWITCH ON S-10??
        by "Miller, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Issues involved in a controller bypass?  (ForkenSwift)
        by "Darin - at - metrompg.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Excellent GM Volt video, and other stuff.
        by "joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Zilla troubleshooting
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: [EV] Re: [EV] RE: Issues involved in a controller bypass?
(ForkenSwift)
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: CLUTCH BUTTON SWITCH ON S-10??  Re: new S-10e?
        by "Tom Carpenter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: "largish" brushless motors available
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: A123 connections
        by "Osmo S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: A123 connections
        by Marcin Ciosek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Zilla troubleshooting
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Pounds of Batteries to Gallon of Gas Rule of Thumb
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Zilla troubleshooting
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Pounds of Batteries to Gallon of Gas Rule of Thumb
        by Steve Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Zilla troubleshooting
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: A123 propably out of buisness in a few years
        by Peter Eckhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) An Electravan Shame story has a happy ending.
 18) Prius and Camry and EVs (was: Re: Excellent GM Volt video)
        by Doug Weathers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Issues involved in a controller bypass?  (ForkenSwift)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: [EV] RE: Issues involved in a controller bypass?  (ForkenSwift)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Excellent GM Volt video, and other stuff.
        by "Peter Gabrielsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Lee's BMS?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Lee's BMS?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) De-rating cable when enclosed
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: Prius and Camry and EVs (was: Re: Excellent GM Volt video)
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Zilla troubleshooting
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Lee's BMS?
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: De-rating cable when enclosed
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: Prius and Camry and EVs (was: Re: Excellent GM Volt video)
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) Re: De-rating cable when enclosed
Maybe you can use some conductive grease or paste, these can drastically reduce
resistance:

http://www.modelelectronicscorp.com/products/SPTs/kits.php

I bought their silver paste, you get a very tiny amount. You can get larger
amounts like here, but you gotta pay:

http://www.2spi.com/catalog/spec_prep/cond_paints2c.shtml

                             - Tony

From: "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Re: De-rating cable when enclosed
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:34:07 -0600

Hello Mark,

A cable is de-rated by 20 percent if you use three cables per conduit at 60
percent fill.  It is best to keep the conduit or wireway at about 60 percent
fill.

In my ev at one time, I ran two 4/0 cable feeders under the car with Carlon
PVC conduit.  You can form offsets and bends with a heat lamp. You can even
bend a 90 degrees if you use those plumbers test plugs at each end, which
will keep the conduit from flattening out.

In my next mod, I ran a wireway through the center of the EV which is at the
bottom of the center console, that is hinge and removable covers.

I run all my power cables, control cables, and low voltage cables in this
compartment with no problems.  The control and low voltage wires has to be
insulated for the same voltage of the power cables and is double shield.

The maximum number of 4/0 wires, is one in a 1-1/2 inch or three in a 2 inch
conduit.  The welding type conductor has a jacket that that does not slip
very easy in a conduit, so two in a 2 inch conduit works fine, if you do not
have more than four 90 degree bends.

These is two types of welding wire insulation,  one is a thicker type that
is design to be pull across a floor and is about 1 inch in diameter.  The
other is a little thinner at about 3/4 inch diameter for chassis or conduit
work.  Make sure you get the type of conductor that is rated for your
voltage.  Normally there is the low voltage cable that is use for a welder
leader, and a medium 300 and 600 volt rating type.