  1) Re: Linux EDA Dexign Software.
        by Marcin Ciosek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Automatic or Manual?
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Rectactor Controller Suggestions
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Linux EDA Dexign Software.
        by "Martin Klingensmith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Jay Leno no friend of electric cars.
        by GWMobile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: AC Questions - Just got my donor pickup!!!-
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Beware Blems
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Mechanical PWM Was: Building your own, Commercial Contactor
        by "Martin Klingensmith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Automatic or Manual?
        by "Marty Hewes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: AC Questions - Just got my donor pickup!!!-
        by "Dmitri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Jay Leno no friend of electric cars.
        by Bill Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Rectactor Controller Suggestions
        by Chet Fields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Linux EDA Dexign Software.
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Rectactor Controller Suggestions
        by Chet Fields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: FW: Jay Leno no friend of electric cars.
        by GWMobile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: article: ZAP (OTC BB: ZAAP) Reinvents the Wheel with Advanced
Electric Wheel Motor Technology Partner
        by "Randy Burleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Automatic or Manual?
        by "Randy Burleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Jay Leno no friend of electric cars.
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Beware Blems
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: Automatic or Manual?
        by "David Hankins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: Jay Leno no friend of electric cars.
        by "Randy Burleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: AGNS bike sets new NEDRA record
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Automatic or Manual?
        by "Marty Hewes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Jeff, Randy and John,

I see GNU software enthusiast even here, so here are my two (three) cents
about Linux EDA software:
Oregano, GTK/Gnome based software:
http://arrakis.gforge.lug.fi.uba.ar/
you can enrich its functionality by adding
ngSpiece (http://ngspice.sourceforge.net/) or
GNU Cap (http://www.gnu.org/software/gnucap/)
for circuit simulation,

kiCAD:
http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

KTech (QT/KDE based):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ktechlab

Of course there are more, a lot more good software but everyone got its
favorite.

In case you have question about GNU software, I'll be happy to help.

Marcin

I think a couple things can be clarified:

In an ICE, you can rev up the motor, dump the clutch, and spin the wheels, but
still be overgeared. I suppose you could do that in an EV, too, but generally a
single gear EV is direct drive. You can't rev up and dump the clutch. If you
can spin the wheels from a standstill, gearing lower will not make you
accelerate any faster -- you already have enough torque at the wheels to
overwhelm them.

For max acceleration, you should not shift at the point of going out of current
limit, you should go a little further. Generally, up shifting lowers your
gearing mechanical advantage to about 2/3 of the gear before. So you should
keep accelerating until the torque drops to about 2/3 of the current limit
torque, and then shift. This assumes you have a series DC system where the
torque drops off fairly fast past current limit.

For an AC or sepex motor, once out of current limit you are theoretically in a
constant power mode. Even though the torque is dropping, it is dropping slowly
enough (as 1/rpm) that it is fastest to rev to redline before shifting. In
reality, efficiency curves, different gears' efficiencies, etc. means you'd
have to experiment a bit to find the optimal shift point.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: May 4, 2007 12:42:43 PM EDT
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: AGNS bike sets new NEDRA record

If you find something they will let him run bring your son down to Ohio to our shop and let's get it built !!!! Maybe my 12 year lod son Trevor can help out as well. I've got lot's of goodies laying around.

Shawn