  1) Re: PFC-20
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: motor wiring
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: PFC-20
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Why I got the batteries that I did
        by "Randy Burleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Brake Rear Pressure Porportioning Valve, Million Lb Jettas
        by "Tim Medeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) estimating power using battery internal resistance values
        by "David Lucente" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Brake Rear Pressure Porportioning Valve
        by "Randy Burleson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: motor wiring
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: was Comercial Contactor Controller, now drawings
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: was Comercial Contactor Controller, now drawings
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) re: Brake Rear Pressure Porportioning Valve
        by Chris Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: estimating power using battery internal resistance values
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: estimating power using battery internal resistance values
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: motor wiring
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: estimating power using battery internal resistance values
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) More Tweety (NmG) fun...
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 17) RE: motor wiring
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Brake Rear Pressure Porportioning Valve
        by Randall Prentice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) RE: flywheel balancing, motors an' Stuff
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: PFC-20
        by MIKE WILLMON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: estimating power using battery internal resistance values
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 22) Re: More Tweety (NmG) fun...
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Hey I am proud of that 1500 Mcd 525 Nm GREEN LED !!
They cost a bunch !!!

I can't see the slots on the PHEV mod chargers without using a thumb to
block off the LED while dialing in all 4 pots.
There is NO doubt that you can see the AC ON status if the charger is
powered up..
Right????
That's why it so bright...direct sunlight readable....

Or is it I like light sabers... and this is a trial install.

Er....Get the plastic Pot screw driver....

Better yet I got a bunch from Rod at EVParts years ago... somebody has them
in volume.. I need to by a case and ship at least one with every charger...

You don't see me at a Race without one of my Spectrol pot drivers!!! They
also make good hand toys while I am off in Lala land...

madman..
I LIKE BRIGHT LEDs...

From: Rich Rudman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:05 am
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

> Bob.. not gonna be any down time here... I will turn it in
> minutes... not
> months...
> My promise...
>
> I will set it for 150 volts...
> And send you a pot screwdriver...
>
> Rich Rudman
> Manzanita Micro

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Actually, there are electronics that can measure battery impedance real time from no load to full load. I have only seen these when I worked at Lockheed Martin about 8 years ago. The instrument applies an AC signal across the battery and measures the current of the AC signal. Much the same way as an ohm meter, but, since the signal is AC it is independent of the DC or load on the battery. It is a great instrument that is used heavily at that shop. I don't remember who the manufacture was. Never seen one since then.

Ken

I was wondering if battery voltage drop under a certain load can be
easily calculated... Can I just use V=IR where R is the internal
resistance of the battery, and I is my max controller amps?

In theory, yes. But the quoted resistances for various batteries varies *drastically*. It changes with state of charge, with temperature, with age of the battery, and many other factors.

The resistance also changes dynamically, from moment to moment. When you apply a heavy load current, the internal resistance will be quite low at first, but rise rapidly with time.

This is what makes it so difficult to model the behavior of a real battery.
-- Ring the bells that still can ring

--- Begin Message --- Put a kevlar belt on and turn the zilla up, then you will see fast. My friends Jelly Bean Sparrow was faster than my Cooper S at redline.

On May 8, 2007, at 11:59 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[...]

______________________________________________________________________ __ AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.
=0