  1) RE: More Tweety (NmG) fun...
        by "Eidson, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Can anyone recommend a machinist in Los Angeles?
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Replacing One Battery
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Can anyone recommend a machinist in Los Angeles?
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  5) Re: More Tweety (NmG) fun...
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  6) Re: Questions regarding an EV
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: PFC-20
        by Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Replacing One Battery
        by "Deanne Mott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: More Tweety (NmG) fun...
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 10) Re: Why I got the batteries that I did
        by "Kip C. Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: More Tweety (NmG) fun...
        by "Eidson, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: EV Drag Racing Ideas
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Brake Rear Pressure Porportioning Valve, Million Lb Jettas
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Questions regarding an EV
        by "Timothy Balcer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Why I got the batteries that I did
        by "Chris Brune" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: PFC-20
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Can anyone recommend a machinist in Los Angeles?
        by Tony Hwang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Why I got the batteries that I did
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) article: Driving Michelin's Zero-Pollution Car
        by Paul Wujek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: Brake Rear Pressure Porportioning Valve
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Electric Mini Cooper Videos
        by "Timothy Balcer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) article: Mitsubishi backs electric cars
        by Paul Wujek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Can anyone recommend a machinist in Los Angeles?
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Custer Specialty Car
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Electric Mini Cooper Videos
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Can anyone recommend a machinist in Los Angeles?
        by Jack Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Electric Mini Cooper Videos
        by Jack Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: PFC-20
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) Re: Electric Mini Cooper Videos
        by "Kaido Kert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 30) EV's on Local Talk Radio
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 31) Batteries or Charger funny?
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 32) Re: Electric Mini Cooper Videos
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
What size belt is being used in this application?

From: "John Wayland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >I see it like this Optimas are $170 / ea and they are
> >only 50 Ah.  Sure they can put out 800 - 1000 CCA, but
> >my controller is only 550 A.  My new batteries have
> >650 CCA.  So acceleration performance is no different.
> >

> With just a little searching, you can find Optimas for considerably less
> than that, closer to $125-$130 each.

How about one of those spring loaded pot handles that they use to put on
TV's you have to push in and turn or pull out and turn.

Do they make such a thing any more?

or maybe if it is a common danger, provide a little fiberglass
"adjusting tool" with the unit.

I have use a metal screwdriver, never thought otherwise :-o

Yes, I've been putting off getting it until I got the rest of my parts, and
they are coming soon! The fins would need to be shaved near the axles too.

                           - Tony

On 8 May 2007 at 4:13, Steve Powers wrote:

> My new batteries have
> 650 CCA.  So acceleration performance is no different.

Deep cycle batteries are usually rated for reserve capacity, not cranking
amperes.  If you have flooded marine batteries with a CCA rating, most
likely they're "combination" batteries, not true deep cycle batteries.  This
means that they're just slightly more robust starting batteries.

If so, you'll be lucky to get a year's use out of them.  Six to 9 months is
more likely.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm concerned that you've wasted your
money.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EV List Administrator

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not reach me.
To send a private message, please obtain my email address from
the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ .

--- Begin Message --- An article about a car Michelin is developing in Switzerland, it is example technology for manufacturers:

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/may2007/id20070508_055560.htm?campaign_id=rss_autos

--

Paul Wujek   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

I had a rather nasty bout with one of those on my PU.
They had a spring attached to the body supossedly to adjust the brake
bias based on the assumption that if the body is lower, there must be a
lot of weight in back (being a truck and all)

The brakes sucked on that truck until I lowered it and it got worse.

Once I realized that the unpredictable behavior was caused by that thing
I removed the spring, bolted it down and (after a little testing) was
accused of having an unfair advantage in my class becasue trucks have
oversized brakes. (of course they laghed till i got close and complained
when I beat them)

There's a chinese company selling prismatic LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron
Phosphate) batteries for something like 0.54 per Wh, so you could put
together a 50kWh pack for $25k or so. They are technically 'energy'
batteries so they have longer life but you cant really pull heavily
from them for off the line current, but that might not matter since
for 50kWh you would have to have something like 300 batteries (they
are 50Ah, 3.7v) You could hybriize with High Power AGMs in a small
form factor, like these
(http://www.ebatteriestogo.com/SpecSheets/UB12260.pdf) for instant on
current. Also, remember that with lithium batteries you need a battery
management system of some sort to control charge and discharge, so
thats an additional expense and labor.

You can check the archives for 'LiFePO4' and you'll find the links and
conversation about them.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Mitsubishi makes battery deals and solidifies their schedule to production of EVs:

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9717035-1.html?tag=rsspr.6182152

--
Paul Wujek   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

emachineshop.com?

Check this out. http://www.powerstream.com/12V-backup.htm

On May 8, 2007, at 7:15 PM, Timothy Balcer wrote:

[...]

--- Begin Message --- Cooks Machine Works might be able to help, they shortened my V8 Vega axles in the 70's, and are still in business in the same lousy spot next to I-5 freeway. I think they made the 9" ford adapter for the taylor-dunn electric carts, see if they can help.

http://www.cooksmachineworks.com/index.htm

Jack Murray

Tony Hwang wrote:
Yes, I've been putting off getting it until I got the rest of my parts, and
they are coming soon! The fins would need to be shaved near the axles too.

                           - Tony

On May 8, 2007, at 3:36 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I need to get a custom adapter plate and hub adapter, can anyone recommend a good machinist in LA? Thanks!

        - Tony

It looks to me that Lithum is unobtanium too.
Who sells an EV-ready pack? Sure you can buy cells, you can buy NiMH cells too. That doesn't make an EV pack.

I think the only thing close is
http://www.hybrids-plus.com/ht/products.html
their PHEV conversion is mostly a A123 pack, $32,000 for 30-mile pack?
Makes the HT Electric Mini Cooper seem like a bargain?

Jack

joe wrote:
I'd love to do it in NiMH, but aren't they "unobtanium"?

Joseph H. Strubhar

Web: www.gremcoinc.com