  2) RE: Mystery Motor Help
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Ev Performance
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) An AC bike with Regen!
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Yeah where is my motor!
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: [sfeva] Honda Hydrogen Fuel Cell BOYCOTT?
        by "Jorg Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) article: Electric Motorcycle: Test Drive (with Video)
        by Paul Wujek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: Mystery Motor Help
        by Tom Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Last minute Power of DC Info #1
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) AGNS goes for 144v record
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 11) Re: article: Electric Motorcycle: Test Drive (with Video)
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Mystery Motor Help, Fun Ideas with?
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: ZAP and Lotus?
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Calling Rich Rudman
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: article: Electric Motorcycle: Test Drive (with Video)
        by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jukka_J=E4rvinen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: ZAP and Lotus?
        by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jukka_J=E4rvinen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: belly pan plastic
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: direct drive or transmission?
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: belly pan plastic
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 20) Re: belly pan plastic
        by Bruce Weisenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: direct drive or transmission?
        by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jukka_J=E4rvinen?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) 92 Civvy gets a refurb!  (parts leftover, anyone?)
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) EV Merchandise
        by "Brandon Kruger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
First you might want to talk to Tom Dowling at
EVchargernews.com about this.

The ideal site would have 120 and 240 so any EV could
charge off of it. Here's what I would recommend, what
they installed in Phoenix during the 90's EV programs
were mainly inductive paddle chargers (which are
completely useless to a conversion) and Avcon's. Some
sites had boxes with normal outlets and these are by
far the most useful. These sites have a NEMA 5-20 GFCI
outlet which provides "level 1" charging with a 20 amp
120vac circuit, then they also have a NEMA 14-50
outlet (The newer oven range style outlet) which
provides either 120 or 240 volts at up to 50 amps,
this would be "level 2" charging.

The only issue is that under national electric code
you can't install an outlet for EV charging, it has to
meet all these guidelines like no power until
connected, ground pin touches first and is connected
to vehicle chassis, GFCI is required, blah blah blah.
Basically the Avcon connector addresses all these
issues (www.avconev.com). The only problem is this is
additional stuff, although it is really a glorified
240vac outlet. Anyone wanting to use this would have
to pay about $180 to get an inlet from Avcon.

I believe you can install just a regular 120volt
outlet without these restrictions (don't hold me to
that, check the code), but 15-20 amps would be very
limiting and some chargers can't be throttled back so
if they pull more than the circuit is capable of
supplying they'd be SOL. On that note, having a
circuit breaker easily accessible without having to
call building maintenance would be very good to have.

An additional consideration too is enforcement of the
EV only status of the space; also, unless you know it
will be used regularly from the start don't put it in
a prime parking location that would be valuable. There
used to be charging stations at a lot of the local
malls around the valley here and when the EV's got
pulled they pulled out the charging stations because
they were closer spots than the handicapped spots
where in most cases. If the spaces are actually being
used for EV charging (and I could see some NEV's being
used in the near term) then there needs to be a tow
away policy if an EV shows up and there is a gas car
parked there.

As far as paying for power, for a college it would
probably be relatively insignificant money wise (and
maybe I'm thinking on the scale of Arizona State with
78,000 students). A good size battery pack might use
about a dollar or two worth of power. I don't think
anyone has really come up with a system to do a pay
for your power so this might be uncharted territory.
The easiest way might be to just require a special
parking permit to use the spaces to help subsidize the
useage. Also do consider you do get a LEED credit for
having EV charging. Personally, I'd just start with
free power and if it becomes necessary later you can
just as easily implement some pay method.

Hope that helps

Later,
Ricky
92 Saturn SC conversion
AZ Alt Fuel plates "ZEROGAS"

> > From: "Chuck Hays" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
> Subject: Charging Stations
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:53:54 +0000
>
> Sort of a general set of questions for the
> collective:
>
> At the university where I teach -- Thompson Rivers
> University in Kamloops, BC -- our Environmental
> Sustainability Committee is tackling some issues
> like recycling, xeriscape and sustainable energy.
>
> One of the topics I've injected into the
> conversation is the idea of providing charging
> stations on campus for people who use EVs.
>
> We have a local dealer for some brand of little
> electric scooter who sells a fair number of them
> to people who ride them to campus, and there
> is interest in the community for various kinds of
> EVs from purpose-built to conversions.
>
> Since I live 40 km from campus, one of my criteria
> for using an EV is having access to electrons.
>
> Off the top of my head, I think having outlets
> available for both 220 and 110 would be ideal.
> I'm not sure of the details, but having charging
> drops installed at the bases of the lights in the
> parking lots sounds fairly logical. We have an
> electrical trades program on campus that would
> no doubt get involved to do wiring, and other
> trades that could be asked to build station
> infrastructure.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. If 220 is in place (at the lamp posts, say), is
> it useful to have both 220 and 110 available, or
> do most onboard chargers simply need 110?
>
> 2. What current capacity per vehicle? The onboard
> charger for the S-10 conversion (CanEV) that I'm
> looking at needs a 15A circuit.
>
> 3. How to pay for power? I can see that at some
> point there would be enough people charging to
> noticeably affect the university's hydro bill. What
> kinds of options are other people using -- pay a
> flat rate of a few dollars per month based on usage,
> incorporate a metering device?
>
> I can see being able to pull into a parking space,
> unreel my 110 cord, and stick a toonie in the meter
> to give me six hours of charge or so. That might
> be problematic if I used the vehicle during the day
> to run errands or go to lunch and couldn't get the
> same spot when I returned, so I could also see
> either a flat yearly fee or a monthly payroll
> deduction
> to pay for charging.
>
> Or, being a professor, I suppose I could install a
> wind turbine on the front of my lectern and charge
> my EV while boring my students to tears. :)=)}
>
> What kinds of charging stations are installed at
> other
> places -- or are we really breaking new ground here?
>
> Chuck

____________________________________________________________________________________Need
 a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

Could it be an elevator motor?
Anyone know what motors they use on elevators?
Could they be universal motors too?

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

Thanks. It looks like I missed the extra zero in the rolling resistance
box. So where do you get tires that are 10X better. The government
studies I have seen didn't show that big of a difference

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/1144
Look at this AC bike by Philip Hortin from Perth.

Phillip if you're reading, great job.
That looks surprisingly simple for an AC system.
How much did the Danfoss VLT2800 controller cost you?

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Jim Husted wrote:

> Hey Dutchman makes the Transwarp9 shafts so you in da
> money there.

More like outta the money there ;-P
Someone else in the money, he he.

> Anyway Damon knows what happens if you rush or
> distract me when I'm working... You get swiss cheese
> so you just let me know if these need out ASAP okay,
> hehehe.

No hurry, I figured I'd make a side trip your way while I'm
down for the Wayland Invitiational just to visit the *boys*.
Maybe stop and see my dad too.

> I'm kinda thinking that just my input on the
> brushes may have been worth the extra freight to get
> these to me.

Of this I have no doubt.  Just remember to put a signature on them.
So's I can get a decent price when I put them up on E-bay, doh!
Just kidding.  I'll race'em till they die, then you'll see them again.
But you're probably used to that story, eh?

> I bet those Warp boys freaking love me
> down there 8^o

Love you? they oughtta hire you!!

> ...I'll try and get some done and send you some, but this
> Pinto better be fast, don't want my sticker on no slow
> ass butt ugly Pinto, ROF 8^P Don't you be blaming it
> on the motors now either 8^o

I've no doubt the motors will hold, its the slow ass butt ugly
Pinto frame I'm worrying about now.  Mickey Thompson raced 'em though
so I oughtta be able to put some beef on the underside,
(after I make a few stock runs with the 8" rear)
So what timeslip would be be happy with before I put your
sticker on?  20's, 19's?  ..just as long as it makes it across the line?

> Sounds like if you can supply the juice you'll have a
> very fast, ugly car, hehehe

Hey at least people won't ride my ass driving down the road.
They may even let me merge in traffic without cutting me off.

> I guess I'll let you put a
> sticker on it, hey wait till you get into the hundred
> mile club first though okay 8^P

I'll race you to the club!!!

> I'll make sure he'll play nice, in fact if he comes
> he'll have the Siamese8 with him so I'll grab a pic of
> yours and his side by side hows that? Get a pic of
> Johns naked hairy ass sitting on your motor, LMAO!!!

Sounds great. Just make sure they're laying down flat,
and keep him away from the shafts :-O

> Your right but sometimes there is just to much cake to
> eat at once 8^) no matter how hard you try to eat
> more, lol, pretty soon the cakes not quiet so fun to
> eat 8^P Of course my normal job of eating crap really
> sucks so cakes not that bad 8^0

hmmm, crap cakes and coffee.  sounds like my job.
I'm glad I don't have to do it in my free time ;-)
I may take up machine work again, just wish I could
make a living at it.

Take it easy.

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

short video of an EM from Popular Mechanics:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4216271.html

--
Paul Wujek   ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

An excellent idea! If you've never seen tractor pulling, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0NT15P_S8U

The real question is how many tonnes of batteries could find a sponsor
for? If that motor weighs 500kg, the rest of the tractor 1000kg, you
could put 3 tonnes of batteries on board and compete against 3 V12
engines.

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 12:28 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Can't identify it, but here's what you need to do with it.
>
> Pulling tractor.  Contactor armature control.  Controller on the shunt
> field.  Lots and lots of agm batteries well placed for maximum traction.
>

> Darin
> BadFishRacing

Hey Jim,

The slowest scootercross racer might actually be my 8-year old son's Razor E100 with a 100 watt motor. I'm just picturing your 6.7 inch motor strapped on to this thing :-) It would look like one of my car- toons.

But that motor sure would be sweet in a custom scooter or go-cart. Someone is going to be going home with a really great motor.

Wow, since this motor has virtually come back from the landfill, we should come up with a name for it. I didn't know John hauled it out of the dumpster. Maybe you should paint it dumpster green :-)

Chip

From: Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 18, 2007 5:20:05 PM EDT
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: Last minute Power of DC Info #1

Hey Chip

I was thinking that maybe you ought to give the motor
away to the slowest scootercross racer so that they
won't be slowest next year.  I then thought that it
wouldn't help much to pay your bills though.  I also
thought that it would probably make this years
scootercross the slowest in history LMAO 8^p

Anyway I hope EVeryone takes lots of pics for us west
enders so we get to partake in the EVent.

Sorry I was unable to get Lawless' Juiced up motor
finished in time to debut there (I know I suck) but I
will make sure you get the raffle motor there in time.
Again much love to Wayland who dumpster dove for this
core (man, I got to get a pic of his asscrack hanging
out on one of those dives 8^o)  John has been a huge
help in my ability to do this kinda thing so I just
wanted to give some love back to the Princess for all
he does for the community.
I hope all have a great time who can attend, as for me
I'll have to settle for pics 8^( well that and
hopefully some fun stories 8^)
Cya

--- Begin Message --- Finally sunshine in the Buckeye state today! AGNS goes for her 4th record in the month of May. I finally get to see if this new timing setup is going to work. The magic time 13.63 but I really want that 100 mph. AGNS is bringing a friend to the track with her today, a hopped up Electropolitan. We'll see if we can get that 96 volt record back. She isn't very fast but man 0-45 look out. She'll almost stay with AGNS off the line so I've set up a 60 ft grudge match between my wife Lori and Denis. I'll try to get it on video. BTW i'm signing Lori up as a new NEDRA today just in case we get lucky. If you haven't tried the new paypal method it is very easy.

Shawn
--- Begin Message --- When was the last time you saw a 500 cc motorcycle do only 50 mph. My little electric board scooter does 50 mph. My Honda Trail 55cc bike would do 50 mph. Am I suspecting more hype coming from Hybrid Technologies? No, not them.;-)

Roderick Wilde

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Wujek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>