  1) Re: a not too successful test run
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: A123 Automotive Propulsion Battery
        by Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Speaking of battery announcements ... What about Firefly
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Vehicle efficiency, wh/mile
  5) 9.1" Motor for sale
        by "Peter Gabrielsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: direct drive or transmission?
  7) RE: AGNS Joins 100 MPH Club-Sets New NEDRA record
        by "rcboyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Speaking of battery announcements ... What about Firefly
        by "Dmitri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: AGNS Joins 100 MPH Club-Sets New NEDRA record
        by "rcboyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) contactor amps
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: contactor amps
        by Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: contactor amps
        by Jack Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) KillaCycle Motor Timing "Shifter"
        by Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: contactor amps
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Electropolitan smokes tire, misses record
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Electropolitan smokes tire, misses record
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: KillaCycle Motor Timing "Shifter"
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) 42 more to go!
        by Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: a not too successful test run
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: contactor amps
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Solectra/Azure Dynamics DMOC445 AC controller
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Newbie needs EV information
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE: 42 more to go!
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: 42 more to go! [slightly OT now!]
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Husted's Box of Spare 's  (was RE: KillaCycle Motor Timing "Shifter")
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Solectra/Azure Dynamics DMOC445 AC controller
 27) Main Contactor Ebay Search Criteria
        by "Martin Winlow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) RE: direct drive or =?UTF-8?B?dHJhbnNtaXNzaW9uPw==?=
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) RE: Motor needed
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Hey Steve

Kind of hard to tell what happed to the motor from
your discription.  What type of metal came from the
motor.  Are these fan cooled, are they fan fins?

If you'd like take some pics and email them to me and
I'll offer what I can.
Best of luck, hope this helps

--- steve ollerton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Just had an interesting evening testing my electric
> mini. We took it for
> its longest test run to date.
> I have a twin Lynch motor running through a Reliant
> diff (rear wheel
> drive.) 128Volt Li ion batts with Lynch protectors.
> Curtis 1281C controller.
>
> All seemed to be going well until we noticed a spark
> or 2 under the car
> after about 2 miles driving. The motor has a
> thermocouple attached which
> was reading 50C so we carried on. The motor is
> mounted under the car.
>
> After another mile or so there was a very horrible
> mincing sound and we
> decided to stop. There was lots of smoke too!!
>
> Looking back on the road there were lots of little
> metal pieces and I
> feared the worst. Interestingly the motor was still
> running but making a
> horrible noise.
>
> We towed it back to base and removed the motor. The
> rear half of the
> motor is completely screwed. It appears all these
> little pieces of metal
> have come from it. All the fins look chewed up. The
> front half looks OK
> and possibly explains why the motor was still
> working.
>
> Any ideas what may have happened?  Have I cooked
> half my motor? May
> there have been some problem with it.
>
> Other info that may be useful. This car has only
> ever done short runs of
> less than a mile before. This was by far its longest
> run. We have never
> had any problem with the motor before - always been
> OK on short runs.
>
> What do I do now? - apart from speak to Lynch motor
> co. of course. Any
> help appreciated.
>
> Steve

____________________________________________________________________________________Take
 the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news,
photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- The 32 series cells are not in commercial production yet. You will be able to buy them in about year, I'd guess.

Bill Dube'

At 10:25 AM 5/20/2007, you wrote:
Sorry jeff, the entire sight is flash. Sounds like it is time for you
to upgrade your computer ;)

Those batteries sound pretty sweet. Now we just need to get our hands
on some ;)

I emailed them... for what that's worth.

Tehben

On May 19, 2007, at 7:27 PM, Jeff Shanab wrote:

Grumble. Another flash only, not even a simple backup link that works,
STUPID buggy, Bandwidth hogging Flash. Web designers who are sure they
know what I want, Line em up and shoot em as far as I am concerned.

Can you post me a link just pass the darn flash stuff so I can see the
content. (Flash is "blocked" on this 64bit OS)

My biggest fear is that you will have to be a Major car company to get
your hands on one and will have to agree not to divulge, sell, etc.

What are the benefits other than reduced weight of this proposed
battery? A forklift company certainly can't be interested in saving weight.

>> Let us know when "near future" becomes "available now" then we'll get
>> excited, until then....<yawn>
>
> I AM talking "now". Look up CIGS and/or cadmium telluride thin film
> cells, a bunch of companies are ramping up production as we speak,
> first quantities being on market. Just one example : FSLR .

Sorry, where <specifically> can I buy one right now?

I have a dual shaft advanced DC 9.1" series wound motor I'm going to
put up on ebay soon, I thought I'd give the list a chance to make me a
decent offer first though. It's located in Pasadena, CA and I'll
deliver anywhere in the greater LA area.

The motor has been chrome plated and is very shiny, it has barely seen
any use. There's almost no wear on the comm and the brushes have
plenty of meat left. It's been sitting on a shelf for the past decade.

Motor1
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/214/506638921_a1d4e30be9_b.jpg

Motor2
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/506638917_83cb213f15_b.jpg

Commutator
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/226/506638941_378ba3281e_b.jpg

-Peter

--
www.electric-lemon.com

Wow, what a storm this opened up.

I'm sorry John, but if we go with your definitions of "direct drive" then
the term becomes so ambiguous as to be useless.
When someone asks "what kind of motor do I need with direct drive" or "is
direct drive better than ..."
Now we have to ask them which kind of "direct drive" they mean?

Seems to me that it would be better if folks were a bit more specific from
the begining and I feel that we <as a group> can encourage that by using
more specific terms, and giving more specific definitions to the terms we
use.
But if you want to push for more ambiguity, I guess we can go that way too.

P.S. I thought it was the Swiss who were traditionally neutral?  I'm
probably wrong, plus I don't recall any Swiss Muppets.

From: mike golub
> How many amps does it take for a contactor to close,
> and how much amps does it use to remain shut.

You don't have to guess; these are values you will find on the data sheet.
Typical specs are:

- guaranteed pull-in at 75% of rated coil voltage
- guaranteed hold-in at 50% of rated coil voltage
- guaranteed drop-out at less than 10% of rated coil voltage

Note that there is a large tolerance on the exact pull-in and drop-out voltage.
A contactor might pull in at anything from 30-70% of rated voltage, and drop
out at 15-30% of rated voltage.

--
I would not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum. --
Frances Willard

It's been my observation that Solectria seldom gives out anything, including
advice, for free.  I suspect that this is one reason that they're still in
business (though now under different ownership).

So, you may have more success if you call them and announce at the outset
that you're interested in purchasing consulting time.  Have your credit card
ready as they'll want to open an account for you.  What you pay will depend
on what kind of consulting you need.  I think last I heard the rates varied
from $50 (or was it $35?) to around $100 per hour or fraction thereof,
depending on who you needed to speak with.  I might be recalling those
amounts incorrectly.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EV List Administrator

Note: mail sent to "evpost" or "etpost" addresses will not reach me.
To send a private message, please obtain my email address from
the webpage http://www.evdl.org/help/ .

--- Begin Message --- Can someone on the EVDL send some info to Dan? His email is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think he sent this email while visiting the EVA/DC website. I'm so swamped I can't answer these types of questions and I think some folks here may be able to provide more info.

Thanks

Chip Gribben
NEDRA, EVA/DC, NEDRA Power of DC

Hello,
My name is Dan Cambron and I am interested in building an electric car that could serve to move me back & forth to work. I need more information and don't know where to look for it. I have ordered the book by Bob Brandt but it has not arrived yet. Can you point me in the right direction so that I can find the right materials?? or at least tell me what you can so that I will know the key words to be able to look up the information myself? I have spent some time on here over the last few days and don't know if I am heading in the right direction or not.I would also like to be able to talk to someone about: size & weight of batteries, to put them in series or parallel, low voltage versus high voltage, using inverter or not, DC or AC motors, etc. I am NOT a professional by any means but I do want to see what I can come up with. Thanks, Dan Cambron

I barely got to it when I read this and you were already 76 over 100k.
Anyone know how many views would be a record for You Tube?

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

You'd have to beat 48.9 million:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg