  1) Split pack DC/DC balancing
        by "Adrian DeLeon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Electric motor for air conditioning or power steering
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Raptor 600 problem
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  4) Re: Split pack DC/DC balancing
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Thanks a lot Monster Garbage. I'll bet someone is happy.
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Boost converter motor controllers
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: How regen works
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Victor How regen works
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Main Contactor Ebay Search Criteria
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: How regen works
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Electric motor for air conditioning or power steering
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) (no subject)
        by Michael Haseltine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Ground and neutral connections for isolation transformer
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) 'EVs for Sale' on the web
        by Jerry McIntire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Victor How regen works
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re:Go kart drag race safety vs mini-bike
        by Bill Dube <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: How regen works
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Fast and Eff!!!  Re: White Zombie gets to 'test' drive Lithium!
        by "jerryd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Ni-Cad Final Taper
        by "jerryd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Electric conversions in Austin receive recognition, rebate
        by Christopher Robison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: How regen works
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: White Zombie gets to 'test' drive Lithium!
        by "Andrew Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) New EV - Thorr roadster
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Before I plunk down $500+ on a DC/DC that can handle 450W at 110V nominal, I was wondering:

If I paralleled two DC/DC converters, each connected to (almost) 1/2 the pack, how bad would it alter the balance of my pack? I'm running 19 T-105s, so it's a 9/10 split on the batteries.

450W = 225W from each converter (assuming they share equally). That's about 4.2A and 3.75A from each "half" of the pack. A difference of 0.42A. At 100W output the difference drops to 0.19A.

Any ideas on keeping the current draws balanced? Would the 0.2 to 1 AHr difference on a typical drive significantly unbalance my pack in the first place?

-Adrian

.

Hello Guy,

You can see the top half of the accessory drive unit in
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/470.html

Latter this summer, I am going to replace the 9 in Warp with the original
GE-11.5 inch that I had remanufacture. I will have to remove must of the
equipment you see, and will take exploded view pictures of the accessory
drive and how a GE traction motor is design for direct replacement of a
engine, that requires no additional adapter plates and motor mounts.

To gang these thread motors together, use a U-mount type.  Weld the U mount
to the frame of the next motor.  The U-mount has a adjustment slot, a bolt
hole for a long bolt which is about the same mounting system a alternator
has. I come off the top U-mount with a additional slotted mount bar, so I
now have a three fastener points.

The thread mill motor drive shaft is a metric 17 MM size, so I turn them
down to fit a 5/8 inch pulley.  The pulley I use is a triple grove 2.5 inch
diameter taper lock type.  I use a double industrial belt that goes around
both pulleys on each motor to turn the accessories unit, and one 3/8
diameter O-Ring belt that connects the two pulleys together for additional
power.

From: John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: White Zombie gets to 'test' drive Lithium!
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:09:04 -0700

>Hello to All,
>
>With our first runs of the year in the 12.1 range again,
>Killacycle's  flirting with the 7s, and now 'Lawless Shawn'
>tearing up the track, 2007  is fulfilling the prophesy of
>being of being the best drag racing EV  performance year
>yet! How cool is all this, that it's timed perfectly  for
>the celebration of NEDRA's 10 year anniversary?

        It has been a great yr, let's not forget ProEV, SCCA
SE Fla Champion winner too!! While I'm not that into drag
racing, it's a great tool of your, Bill Dube's websites,
vids, really impress many who I've turned on to them and
really help turn EV atitudes around to much more positive
ones in the public. Thanks to all you racers!!

>Before pulling White Zombie's injured motor last Saturday
>(now in Jim's  loving hands), I had the fun of driving it
>about 14 miles to and from  the Albertson Distribution
>Center's digital weigh scales a few days ago.  The Enersys
>(Hawker) batteries (360V nominal) laughed at this trip and
>were sitting at 379V right after turning off the key when I
>got back  home. Moments later they were at 383V before I
>put it on charge. It took  5.3 ahrs to replenish what 14
>miles took from the pack. The 360V twin  pack is rated at
>32 ahr C10, and at the reduced cruise current a 360V  car
>has at the 35-45 mph speed limits of this trip there's
>probably 20  ahr of usable EV capacity...that works out to
>52 miles range. Not too  bad for a 12 second drag car!

        You forgot an important number, it took only 140-150
wthr/mile for it's trip!! Not bad for an EV breathing down
the 11sec 14 mile bracket!! This is an important item for
you to mention as it's the equivilent of 300mpg cost wise or
between 100-300mpg energy wise depending on your electric
costs hile putting muscle cars to shame at the track ;^D.
Assuming they consider hydro 100% eff and you probably
charge by hydro, you can say you get 300mpg or so.
        Sadly cool, light cars like Datsun 1200's for eV
conversions are rare and getting more so.

>The bad news, White Zombie at present, weighs nearly 2600
>lbs. Yes, I  said nearly 2600 lbs.! I was pretty disgusted
>to see that the '07  version of White Zombie with all of
>its 840 lbs. of lead in it, even  with the new 30+ lbs.
>lighter battery compartments, weighs in at a porky  2580
>lbs.! With me in it (speaking of porky) the scales
>accurately  jumped up to an even 2800 lbs....yikes! Still,
>in March this 2580 lb.  car ran a 12.161 at close to 107
>mph, that, with the still-new and  un-broken-in battery
>pack restricted to just 1000 amps. It can make up  to 1500
>amps.

>Now...doing all the above, then pulling out 840 lbs. of
>lead and  replacing it with a 175 lb. lithium pack (Dube's
>spare bike pack will be  on loan for the day at the Wayland
>Invitational III) makes an 1831 lb.,  ~ 300 hp machine!!!

      That's going to be wicked!! Bet your wthr/mile drops
to under 120wthr/mile if you can keep your foot off the
floor ;^D
      Keep up the great work guys, you are inspirng many!!

                               Jerry Dycus

>Before the exciting July races though, the mighty Enersys
>pack will be  called on to deliver more power than it did
>in March, as we will turning  up the screws and will be
>running at a higher 1200 battery pack amps as  we again,
>reach for the 11s.
>

>See Ya.....John Wayland
>
>11 in 07!

          Hi Mark and All,