  1) Re: Doers vs talkers, was Otmar is getting rich?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Safety of inverter/controller or whole system?
        by "(-Phil-)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: Tesla roadster motor philsophy AC vs. DC
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Tesla roadster motor philsophy
  5) Re: Any disadvantage to 1 big blade? (mower)
        by "Joe Smalley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: thinking about cost
  7) Re: Safety of inverter/controller or whole system?
        by Thomas Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Pavlov's Troll
        by Tom Gocze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Tesla roadster motor philsophy
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Question about DMV
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 11) Re: Tesla roadster motor philsophy plain text
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: Question about DMV
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Weights and Mesasures, WAS Tesla Motor thing.
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Grass Roots charging infrastructure Was: Quick VEVCS poll
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Embarrassing Moments , Was:  EV's are less maintenance?
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Is it just monday, or did the list size change?
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Tesla roadster motor philsophy
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: open source motor controller
        by "Britt MSN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Mt Washington Alternative Vehicle Days 17-18 June
        by lyle sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
James Massey wrote:
Dan, All

Knowing the device numbers will not help you.
then why not tell me

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but what I am talking about is to put the contactor across the motor or battery, but PAST the main system fuse. This is basically a "blow the fuse" contactor and will definitely interrupt power to a faulted controller or whatever.

As far as what models... Really, any of those will work as long as you insure that the interlocks are such that it never closes during normal operation. Anything reasonably beefy, even if it's not rated to interrupt DC. It won't be exposed to interrupt current.

If the contactor burns contacts a bit during the fault, it's ok. as it will definitely blow the fuse.

-Phil
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Bob Rice [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 11:29 AM
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Weights and Mesasures, WAS Tesla Motor thing.
Blah Blah Blah!

Yes I agree there are many  variations, that was indeed my second idea.
the first was an internet connection so availability and scheduling and
ability to check on progress with web enabled phone while you are in
that restaurant or mall.

This variation was thought up as one to keep the kiosk cheap and
unattractive to vandals.  A how low can we go. It also is simple for us
early adopters.

AS a matter of fact, I think there was a cell phone to sms in a recent
circuit celler. and cell phones are damn chaep nowadays
But a short range control and monitoring network like zigbee to a base
station inside the building, maybe an option also.
Zigbee might be a great way of having a handshaking between the car
charger and the box in the future.

You are right about the hard part.
    And I will add one more. The legal/safety requirements for higher
power charging plugs that we went through a while back.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Barkley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>