  1) Re: battery management and power distribution system design
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: AGNS and OJ make record runs in Memphis, TN
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) Re: Hanging with Victor...EVision description
        by Bill Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Insurance
        by Jerry Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Battery for a Bicycle?
        by "vehiculeselectriques.free.fr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Fwd: battery management and power distribution system design
        by "gulabrao ingle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: NEDRA Nationals Raffle motor
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: NEDRA Nationals Raffle motor
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Fwd: battery management and power distribution system design 2 (message
got truncated)
        by "gulabrao ingle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: A123 chemistry
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Insurance
        by "Kip C. Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Insurance
        by "joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: parallel batteries
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Potenza RE92/LRR tires
        by Jerry McIntire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: AGNS and OJ make record runs in Memphis, TN
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 17) Re: AGNS and OJ make record runs in Memphis, TN
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 18) checking claims for couregges exe and tesla roadster
        by "gulabrao ingle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Zilla Radiator- Fan/ no Fan
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: forums redux
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: forums redux
        by Keith Richtman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: NEDRA Nationals Raffle motor
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Hanging with Victor...EVision description
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: forums redux
        by "Tehben Dean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) With barely a sound, electric dragsters aim for gas-powered records
        by "ROBERT GOUDREAU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Hello Gulabrao,

Using pb-acid for 120 mile range with a maximum discharge to 50% DOD, which
is the preferred max discharge for long life and very little balancing, the
total vehicle weight will never catch up to the battery and net vehicle
weight.

If you can hold your maximum discharge to about 25% DOD, or 75% State of
Charge, then you will not need any battery management system.  For the last
32 years, the maximum discharge rate is to 25% DOD for about 99% of the
time.  The other 1% was testing once to 50% DOD.

This means I carry four times the AH battery I need for my range for a 25%
DOD, no BMS, and replacements average of 12 years.

For my vehicle of 7000 lbs, (use to weigh 8000 lbs with 300 AH batteries),
with 2400 lbs of batteries my range is limited to 50 miles at 50% DOD
maximum, but I recharge at 25% DOD.

To increase this range to 150 miles at 50 mph and only discharge the Pb-acid
to 50% for a 7000 lb EV, but the batteries would be 9600 lbs for a 1040 AH
cell plus the total weight of the vehicle would be about 14,000 lbs.

Even if reduce the net weight of the EV to 3500 lbs, it still takes 4320 lbs
of PB-acid which the vehicle total weight will now be about 7620 lbs using
520 AH battery.  My first pack which was 90 cells 18 inches high, weigh 4500
lbs which was place in a 3200 lb vehicle had a range of 50 miles at 50% DOD
so it does make your 120 miles at 50 mph at 50% and these were proto type
cobalt cells which some of the li-ion cells are using now.

This EV before I received it, was test ran for 24 hours, running at a
average of 44 mph and fast charge every 60 minutes for 15 to 20 minutes at
charge amperes up to 200 amps. The EV ran 1056 miles in 24 hours with
maximum discharge rates of 30% to 50% DOD.

So the more batteries you carry, the weight go's up, the more power it takes
to move, the range barely increases.