Two years ago Sam Altman, the CEO of open AI which made GTP4, wrote an
interesting article called Moore's law for Everything. Here is an excerpt:
*"In the next five years, computer programs that can think will read legal
documents and give medical advice. In the next decade, they will do
assembly-line work and maybe even become companions. And in the decades
after that, they will do almost everything, including making new scientific
discoveries that will expand our concept of “everything”.. And a recursive
loop of innovation, as these smart machines themselves help us make smarter
machines, will accelerate the revolution’s pace. The changes coming are
unstoppable. If we embrace them and plan for them, we can use them to
create a much fairer, happier, and more prosperous society.*

*The technological progress we make in the next 100 years will be far
larger than all we’ve made since we first controlled fire and invented the
wheel. We should therefore focus on taxing capital rather than labor, and
we should use these taxes as an opportunity to directly distribute
ownership and wealth to citizens. In other words, the best way to improve
capitalism is to enable everyone to benefit from it directly as an equity
owner. The future can be almost unimaginably great."*

I agree with Mr. Altman that the changes will be huge and unstoppable, but
I'm not as consistent as he is that they will all be for the benefit of
human beings.

Moore's Law for Everything <https://moores.samaltman.com/>

6tv