On 5/25/2023 4:28 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
Have you ever wondered what delineates the mind from its environment? Why it is that you are not aware of my thoughts but you see me as an object that only affects your senses, even though we could represent the whole earth as one big functional system?

I don't have a good answer to this question but it seems it might be a factor here. The randomly generated outputs from the RNG would seem an environmental noise/sensation coming from the outside, rather than a recursively linked and connected loop of processing as would exist in a genuinely functioning brain of two hemispheres.

I would reject this radical output=function.  The brain evolved as support for the sensory systems.  I is inherently and sensitively engaged with the environment.  The RNG thought experiment is based on the idea that the brain can function in isolation, an idea supported by concentrating on consciousness as the main function of the brain, which I also reject.  Consciousness is a relatively small part of the brain's function, mainly concerned with communication to others.  Remember that the Poincare' effect was described by a great mathematician.

Brent