On Sat, Aug 5, 2023 at 1:44 PM Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> Yes, because you believe YOU are conscious and we're similarly
> constituted; that is, created by a virtually identical process.*

If the process that created you is *virtually *identical with the process
that created me then you and I are *virtually *the same person. Are we? I
don't think so.

* > But for computers to be conscious, implies those who built them somehow
> stumbled onto constructing a living entity without knowing what life or
> living is.*

And yet random mutation and natural selection somehow* stumbled* onto a way
of constructing billions of intelligent entities and at least one of them,
me, is conscious. And Evolution did this without knowing what intelligence
is or what consciousness is or in fact what ANYTHING is. However, that can
be easily explained if consciousness is the inevitable byproduct of
intelligent behavior because, unlike consciousness, natural selection can
detect intelligent behavior.