> On 15 Feb 2014, at 1:09 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>>> Yes - exactly.
>>

>> A direct consequence of The Reversal. First comes Mind. Physics and matter
>> and the 3D holographic farmyard are a long way down the road.
>> I hope no one is assuming that it requires something as weird as a “human”
>> to implement consciousness.
>> Something as basic as a Boltzmann brain would be in principle, instantly
>> possible in any universe, surely.
>

> Of course Boltzmann brains are notoriously transient, so we're to think of
> the universe (or at least pieces of past light cones) blinking in and out of
> existence.  Or does that take a Boltzmann brain plus optic nerves and eyes
> and a Boltzmann telescope?
>
> Brent

A mind without a "hosting apparatus" is the entity I am struggling to describe.
I have no trouble with the notion that consciousness can simply exist with no
extra qualifiers whatsoever. We are talking about that which simply exists -
when it exists, where it exists, its characteristics etc. are another story. I
don't know whether such questions are even relevant.

Kim