On 17 Mar 2014, at 17:50, Craig Weinberg wrote:

I'm mirroring back to you what my impression is of what you say to me. I say it is obvious that machines are impersonal, cold, mechanical, and that it is obvious that sophisticated technology can be developed that will make them seem less mechanical without actually feeling anything. Your response has been that I'm only looking at machines that exist now, not the more advanced versions. I see no significant between the two arguments, except that mine is facetious. You say that there is no reason why certain kinds of computations could not produce consciousness, and I say there is no reason why certain kinds of configurations of mirrors or cameras couldn't produce computation.

You go from a mirror to a configuration of mirror. I discussed that case.