On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 7:24 AM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

*>> Well of course it isn't! Bell's Inequality has been experimentally
>> shown to be violated, so if there are hidden variables they can't be local.
>> *
>>

> *> But the argument was that many worlds was an entirely local theory: in
> other words, that it gives a local account of the violation of the Bell
> inequalities.*

Well that isn't my argument!

> *> it seems from what you say that you agree that Bell's theorem proves
> that no local account of the experimental results for correlations of
> entangled particles is possible. I agree.*

 Bell's theorem proves that no REALISTIC local account can explain the
experimental fact that Bell's Inequality is violated.

> * > But that is not what is claimed by Saibal and other advocates of MWI:*

The violation of Bell's Inequality proves that no theory that is both
realistic and local can be right. I think Many Worlds is local because you
cannot send information faster than light in that theory, apparently you
disagree and for some reason think Many Worlds is non-local, but as far as
this discussion is concerned it doesn't matter which of us is right because
Many Worlds is *NOT* a realistic theory. "Realistic" means that unobserved
things exist in one and only one definite state, and that is most certainly
not what Many Worlds says.

rmu

iyd