On 2006-04-25 at 18:35 +0200, Arjan wrote:
> I want to run an bSMTP server for the domainname 'testdomain.com'. After
> reading and trying i added this to the exim.conf:

[snip ACL and local delivery BSMTP router/transport]

> That seems to work; mail sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] is placed in the
> /var/bsmtp/ dir.
>
> But now; i want the server to sent the mail to the other (non 24/7 connected
> to the internet) server. I read that this is done with the command ETRN. So
> i tryed to get that to work too. I have some parts working, but not all:

When Exim receives an ETRN command which passes the ACL, then it invokes
"smtp_etrn_command".  This needs to be an external command which you
provide.

If you use:
  smtp_etrn_command = /path/to/etrn_handler $sender_host_address
then your etrn_handler program can look $sender_host_address up and
provide secure delivery.  You can use all of Exim's lookup logic to
provide whatever extra parameters you want.

Your etrn_handler will probably invoke Exim to perform the deliveries;
section 44.11 of The Exim Specification is helpful here.

Even better: there's a cookbook example of handling this.  If you get
config.samples.tar.bz2 (or .gz) from one of the Exim file mirrors (in
the same directory as Exim's source tarballs) and look at C037, then
you'll see a fully working set-up, with explanation and notes on
assumptions, provided by "Dave C." in 2000 (and later converted to Exim4
syntax by Philip Hazel).

Regards,
-Phil