On Thursday 08 November 2001 10:53 pm, you wrote:
> Sergio Korlowsky wrote:
> >Video Card...
> >Sound Card
> >Kernel-version
> >
> >ALL that info is needed...
>
> nVidia TNT2 M64 with 32MB
> Intel 82801 AC '97 Audio sound card
> 2.4.13-2mdk and 2.4.8-26mdk kernels
>
> Same behavior for both. I had read in a forum in loki games of someone
> that managed to get sound working by running UT in Gnome. I haven't
> heard no replies from that person, yet. I hope that maybe this little
> bit of information could help someone in this room help me as I don't
> have Gnome. I tried to do a Ximian install but it wouldn't get beyond
> the first "status" bar of the the Ximian installer.

I have the same video card, and sound and video was working perfectly with
the default kernel in 8.1, I indeed had problems with 2.4.13-2mdk, so just
went back to 2.4.8-26mdk.

Is your soundcard being detected ok, I am asking this because I am not
familiar with this brand name.

Try runnind sndconfig (as root) and see if that fixes the problem with the
sound.

You can also try Mandtake Control Center, click on Hardware, then Hardware
again and see if your sound card is being detected ok under Soundcards.

sk
--
Thank - you for contacting the SedeComp Communications Technical Support Team.

Current Linux kernel 2.4.8-30.1mdk uptime: 1 day 4 hours 44 minutes.