On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:35:11PM +1030, Aristotle wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I have installed the Nvidia drivers as per the instructions on the
> Mandrakeruser.org web site, yet the X server crashes when I attempt to
> run an accelerated application and the X log tells me something about
> not being able to load the glX module - I have 'load glx' below 'load
> dbe' in the XConfig-4 file.
>
> The X server runs fine until I try to play a game.
>
> Any ideas?

just a small idea, but did you check the name of the driver to "nvidia"?

from my XF86Config-4 file:

# **********************************************************************
# Graphics device section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Generic VGA"
    Driver     "vga"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "NVIDIA GeForce2 DDR (generic)"
    VendorName  "Unknown"
    BoardName   "Unknown"
    Driver      "nvidia"   # <--- this line
#    VideoRam    32768

--
Chris and Yoshiko Spackman
www.openhistory.org

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or
numbered. My life is my own."
-The Prisoner