On Saturday 04 October 2003 00:05, Bill Mullen wrote:

> > And to refresh my memory, why is it a bad idea to login as root in KDE?
> > These days I do a lot of root changes,it's easier for me to stay for a
> > while in KDE as root than to type my root password everytime I want to
> > do some root job as a regular user.

If allways put a small script in ~/.kde/Autostart like this:
#!/bin/bash

kdesu -c konsole

This way, when I login as a regular user, I only login once as root and do
everything which requires root priviledges from konsole. It has the advantage
that you can open extra terminal sessions (ctrl-alt-n) without having to give
your root password over and over again.

Alternatively you could make it a link on you desktop.