On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 22:57:03 -0700 (PDT), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Miark mused:
> >> I need to stop Linux from using the usbscanner driver (or
> >> module, or whatever it is) so that VMWare can take control
> >> of my Epson 1260 USB scanner. How do I do that?
> >>

>  I don´t know if you´ve been here already, but...
>
>  http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/devices_usb_ws.html

Michael,

Ya, I read that page, but it's pretty vague:

  To disconnect the device from the host, you must unload the device
  driver. You can unload the driver manually as root (su) using the rmmod
  command. Or, if the driver was automatically loaded by hotplug, you can
  disable it in the hotplug configuration files in the /etc/hotplug
  directory. See your Linux distribution's documentation for details on
  editing these configuration files.

I tried a "rmmod usbscanner" but it responds that there isn't one. And
I dunno what to do in the hotplug directory. Somebody suggested that I
add usbscanner to the blacklist file, but that didn't make any difference.
VMware says nothing more than "See your Linux distribution's documentation"
which is no help at all.

Miark